I want to get my firearm license, which kind of firearm license should I apply for?

If 21 years old (or older) we always recommend applying for the License to Carry (LTC) even if you never plan on carrying a firearm. The LTC is the license which gives you the most options for purchasing (pistols, rifles, and shotguns) and gives you the potential ability to carry a pistol. If you are 18-20 years old you are restricted to applying for the Firearms Identification Card (FID Card) which allows you to purchase “low capacity” rifles and shotguns. Once 21 years old, a FID card holder can apply for their LTC once they’re 21. Those 14-17 years old can apply for their FID card with parental consent for possession (cannot take possession until 15 years old).

Sign Up For News On Upcoming Classes
Contact Us
971 Central St.
Stoughton MA 02072
Phone: (781) 436-0549
Email: Steven.F.Levitt@gmail.com